Pakistan announced 16 Players Test Squad against Bangladesh
By Rida Zaheer
Off-spinner Bilal Asif and all-rounder Faheem Ashraf recalled
“We have followed the horses for courses policy for the Test against Bangladesh,” says Misbah-ul-Haq
On 1st Feb 2020, Pakistani under the supervision of Coach Misbah-ul-Haq, National Men’s Selection Committee named a 16-player squad for the first ICC World Test Championship against Bangladesh. The first test would be played in Rawalpindi from 7-11 Feb.
The selectors have recalled off-spinner Bilal Asif due to his excellent achievement of getting 43 wickets in nine Quaid-e-Azam Trophy matches, while Faheem Ashraf included in the side due to his all-round skills , getting six wickets in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final against Northern.
Two changes made in the side that was named for the two ICC World Test Championship Tests against Sri Lanka. Kashif Bhatti and Usman Shinwari have been left out, but they remain in the red-ball plans and have been advised to continue their training and preparation.
While Kashif didn’t play against Sri Lanka, Usman made his only appearance in the Rawalpindi Test where he took one for 54.
1. Azhar Ali (captain) (Central Punjab)
2. Abid Ali (Sindh)
3. Asad Shafiq (Sindh)
4. Babar Azam (Central Punjab)
5. Bilal Asif (Central Punjab)
6. Faheem Ashraf (Central Punjab)
7. Fawad Alam (Sindh)
8. Haris Sohail (Balochistan)
9. Imam-ul-Haq (Southern Punjab)
10. Imran Khan Snr (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
11. Mohammad Abbas (Southern Punjab)
12. Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
13. Naseem Shah (Central Punjab)
14. Shaheen Shah Afridi ( Northern)
15. Shan Masood (Southern Punjab)
16. Yasir Shah (Balochistan)