Kashmir: Ruthless Killing in Chattergam killings by Indian Army

Teen ages young of 17 years killed by Indian Army in IOKindian army in Kashmir
Srinagar: Not a single peaceful day one can find in Kashmir. The Indian Army murdered two young boys of 17 years of age when car collided with electric poll on 4 November 2014.

The family members of two slain youth killed in Indian Army firing at Chattergam Tuesday contested the Army claim that they did not stop at the mobile check post. “It is a blatant lie on part of Army. All the four students present inside Maruti 800 were teenagers who got scared Army personnel in a fit of rage tried to block their road. One of the youth who was driving the vehicle lost control and hit it with an electric pole,” the father of one of the slain youth Faisal Yousuf told CNS adding that his son was just 14 and was a class 7th student.

“We were mulling to organize a family function on coming Sunday. I had told my son to change the curtains of the room. As he approached a cloth merchant, he was persuaded by his three friends to witness Ashura procession at Chattergam,” he said adding that he never knew that he will get dead body of his son by evening.

“My son Faisal who I used to call Burhan was a student of Daraul Falah Educational Institute. He was very bright and I had lot of expectations from him. Army killed my innocent son and I don’t trust them and their inquiry,” he said.

He said that eyewitnesses told him that as the maruti car collided with the electric pole, the Army personnel cornered it and fired indiscriminately on it from all sides. “Army personnel present on the naka first scared my son and his friends and when they got nervous and collided with electric pole then they shot at them with an intent to kill,” he said.

The relative of another slain youth Mehrajuddin Dar told CNS that all the four friends travelling in the Maruti 800 were below 18. “Mehraj was a 9th class student and was studying at Baghat Kannipora. His family is in shock,” he said.

The family members of the these two slain youth thanked police officials for their cooperation and said that it was MLA Chadora who helped them to get the dead bodies from the police control room.

Meanwhile, amid tears and pro-freedom slogans, the slain youth were buried in local grave yard at Nowgam. Scores of youth clashed with government forces. Eyewitnesses told CNS that demanding stern punishment for the Army personnel responsible for the killing of duo, youth resorted to stone-pelting in Nowgam area while government forces retaliated with tear-smoke shells. The clashes continued for hours. Additional police and CRPF troopers had been deployed to keep the situation under control. Nowgam and its adjacent areas observed a complete shutdown against the killing of these youth. (CNS)

Leave a Comment

© 2012 - All Rights are reserved by zameer36.

Scroll to top